Monday 15 February 2016

Quote Of The Week #3


Given that yesterday was Valentine's Day, I looked for a quote that featured an aspect of love, so I came across this one and it was perfect in so many ways.

It was perfect, first of all, for the book it comes from. It's The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky (a must-read if you haven't read it!). It's a book that turned my life upside down, honestly. I questioned everything I thought about myself, and it was so good for me!

I'm gonna say something I haven't said before in this blog. I've been reaaaaaally broken at some points in my life. And I've hated myself more than I can even imagine now (thankfully, because it means that I don't anymore). I once had a friend who was very mean to me. I felt like he understood me because he had been through serious stuff as well, but he was actually using me to feel better. By making me miserable, he felt better. And honestly, I couldn't see it right then. Another friend was telling me all the time "Get rid of him, he treats you like shit." However, I wouldn't listen. I just said "But that's his personality, it doesn't mean that he hates me! He just needs to say that to get the stress out, it's okay."

But it wasn't. It really wasn't. It was taking me down without me even noticing. He eventually did something really mean to me and then disappeared. It took me some months to realise of how he had been treating me. It wasn't until then that I saw it wasn't normal, and it wasn't right.

I was accepting the love I thought I deserved.

This quote is just... true. Now, that's a statement hahaha But seriously, it is! I thought I deserved nothing more than that, so I accepted it! Had I thought I deserved more, I wouldn't have taken it. That's what I've done later, and I don't regret it. Some people are like poison. Their words and actions spread so fast, and they can take over your body. You have to learn to stand up and say no. You are a valuable human being (yes, you), and you deserve happiness and love. And that's it. Anything beyond that is just wrong!

I hope this quote made you think :) And I hope you realise you deserve all the love in the world! Oh, and thank you for all your lovely comments on my last post, there were so many and I'm so happy!

I'll finish with an extra quote, my favourite from the book: So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.


A big big hug!


Acqua

23 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a wonderful quote! Good on you for separating yourself from people you don't need - I've done it in the past, and you realise how much better you are without them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, your comment has made my day! I'm glad you came to that conclusion as well! ^^

      Delete
  2. Excellent quote, and very relevant. I agree, we seem to think we aren't worthy of certain things and we don't deserve love, but we all do! Love your blog xx
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you agree, I find this very important :) xx

      Delete
  3. Great quote, I absolutely love that book too.

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's amazing! Thanks for your comment! xx

      Delete
  4. I think that i may have heard this quote in a. Ovie before! But, of course, I'd idnt think anything of it, however, now, you've got me thinking- I have to admit xxx

    Check out my blog?
    I'm trying to blog everyday in half term?:)
    http://hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/a-z-blogging-tips.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah then my purpose was accomplished! Quotes have always made me think and that's what I'm trying to do with these posts :) I'll check it! xx

      Delete
  5. Hey Acqua, I finally managed how to comment on your blog. It's amazing, you're a fantastic writer. I love especially your first post soo much. I've only watced the movie... Do you think it's worth to read the book too?
    Love xxx girlonrainbow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you did! ^^ It's also one of my favourite posts :) I actually watched the movie before reading the book (which is something I NEVER do, but anyways), and I'd definitely recommend you to read it! xx

      Delete
  6. I loved this post! This quote is so thought provoking! Love your blog :)

    Check out my latest? <3

    http://www.royallyrouge.com/2016/02/whats-in-my-makeup-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this post! This quote is so thought provoking! Love your blog :)

    Check out my latest? <3

    http://www.royallyrouge.com/2016/02/whats-in-my-makeup-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this post! I love the way you talk about quotes - they're always so interesting xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it shows how much I love quotes hahaha Thank you! xx

      Delete
  9. Absolutely love this book! Think that it such a beautiful quote too xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! Thanks for your comment! xx

      Delete
  10. This quote is so deep and true, we agree that everyone should learn to love themselves and accept love from others! It's so important to surround ourselves with people that bring good energy!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I meant! I'm glad you liked it, thanks for your point of view! xx

      Delete
  11. I loved that book. the movie was blah compared to the book. but that's how it always is. both those quotes are so deep and really make you think. we deserve to be with people who love and treat us with respect and loyalty.

    xoxo,
    geri

    http://everydaylivingnyc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that because I saw the movie first it was the big shock... but I quite liked it! I try to avoid watching a movie if I haven't read the book, but sometimes it's impossible >.< Anyways, thanks for your comment, I totally agree with you! xx

      Delete
  12. So Inspiring! Your blog is like so cool. That is why I promote your blog in my site.
    If you want to see it go to: http://annabel1.weebly.com BTW my name is Katherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll check your blog! xx

      Delete