Friday 15 July 2016

Happy, Happy, Happy

Do you know those days in which you are just exhaling hapiness? It's like you flow instead of walking. Like you fly instead of running. It's when you cry because laughter doesn't seem good enough to express what you're feeling.

Today has been one of those days and, honestly, I hadn't had one of these in a while. This Summer has started as a rollercoaster of emotions, from worryingly anxious and sad to happy. But not this. The truth is... I had forgotten how it felt.



I had two of my dearest friends whom I hadn't seen for some months visiting me in my house for the first time, and I introduced them to my closest friends home. We genuinely had the best afternoon. I walked them around the village. We played Dixit, which is one of my favourite games. Everybody clicked with each other as if they had been friends forever. Nobody was meant to stay for dinner, but we kept inviting people until they all said yes. We watched bits of our local production of A Fiddler On The Roof, we talked, we laughed... and we just had a great day honestly.

I don't know if this is relevant to you, but I'd really, really like it if you all could feel the way I feel right now. I know it won't last, and I genuinely think that's okay, but it's like I could do anything, like everything that troubled me is not as important as it was before. All my worries are still here, but they are not on the front row anymore.



These days remind you that even if you might not be in your finest hour, this is not how it's supposed to be all the time. You're not doomed to a life of sadness and worry. You can be happy too. And what's more important, you deserve to be happy. You are entitled to happiness, and even though you might think your life is going to be grey forever, you'll have one of these days. And then you'll cry, because you'll remember how it feels to be loved and cherished, and you'll just be able to be yourself even if you have no clue what that means.

I don't have the slightest idea of who I am, but I'm 100% sure I was myself this afternoon. That's one of the most wonderful things in the world.

Have the best weekend and I'll see you on Monday!

A big big hug,


Acqua

12 comments:

  1. Wow, such a special post. Glad you had a great day Xx

    http://bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/a-doodle-diary.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so good that you are feeling happy, this post made me smile a lot xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so nice to read such a lovely post. By the way I will be sending the giveaway items as soon as I can! x
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had an amzing Weekend/day!! It makes me happy to see others that happy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your posts are always so cheerful and inspirational I love it! I had a day like that yesterday and it feels so good! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. One of the best feelings in the world! Sending positivity and happiness your way!

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete