Saturday 27 August 2016

Day In The Life: My Holidays in Italy!

Hi guys! I know I owe you an apology... On the 19th, I was about to save all my pictures on my laptop, choose my favourites and share them with you here and... well, to sum up, I messed up and deleted them all. I haven't been able to recover them, and I had only saved pictures from the 13th, 14th and 15th. Imagine how desperate I got... I was obsessed with those pictures and they were gone in a second. I couldn't bring myself to write a blog post until now.

I posted a few on Instagram, so those were easily recovered and I can do a full post. Without any further ado, here's how my trip to Italy went down!


Day 1: 13th of August

We packed up the car and left my house at 2 AM as we always do, my dad drives and the rest of us sleep. We drove all night long and stopped at the last service station in France, from which we could see Monaco! We had breakfast and jumped at the car again, and drove non-stop until we got to our first stop: Pisa! Here's a selection of pictures I took there:




Pisa is such a great place to visit on your way to someplace else! Everything is concentrated and you can park, see it and leave in just a couple of hours. We had lunch there as well, and we visted the Cathedral and the Baptisterium (and took our pictures with the leaning tower, of course!)

Then, we kept on driving until we got to the Umbria region, where we were to stay on the follwig days. We got there at night, had dinner and organised everything for the following week.


Day 2: 14th of August

Tired of our trip, we woke up late, had breakfast and went to the commercial center right next to our village, which had a huge supermarket where we could buy everything we needed. Imagine my delight when we walked in and BOOM! LUSH store right there! Who would've thought I'd find one in such a small village? I was running out of LUSH products and didn't know when I'd go back to Barcelona to buy more, so it was heaven-sent. We went into the supermarket and second surprise:


Of course, I bought it and read it in a day. In the afternoon, we went to Santa Maria degli Angeli, a church situated in Assisi's feet. Inside, there is the Porziuncola, a small chapel where St Francis of Assisi used to go. They built a huge cathedral over it because why not hahaha

I couldn't take pictures of the inside, but it was stunning!
Then, we headed to Assisi, which was our main destination for the trip, to walk around a little bit and saw the top of the city. It was BEAUTIFUL. It still has an awesome medieval feel about it, with its streets and houses. I absolutely loved it.

St Francis Basilique from our car

San Rufino

Assisi at sunset
Then, we headed back to Santa Maria degli Angeli, where they burn the prayers that people leave over the whole year on that day (total coincidence, we didn't plan it!) It was beautiful!








Day 3: 15th of August

MY BIRTHDAY WHOOP WHOOP! We jumped on the car and went North to get a taste of the Tuscany region. We visited Volterra, San Gimignano and Siena, and then went back to where we were staying.

Cathedral of Volterra
Streets of Volterra

Volterra

Siena

Cathedral of Siena



Streets of Siena


 
San Domenico, in Siena
Day 4: 16th of August

We went to Eremo degli Carceri, a beautiful walk through the mountains where Saint Francis used to retire. There was a small chapel and some small caves. In the afternoon, we met a friend of my mum's from the area and visited the rest of Assisi, including Santa Chiara and the Basilique of San Francesco.

San Francesco

Day 5: 17th of August

We jumped into the car again and went to visit Orvieto, a beautiful place which has an underground city, a lot of caves dug by humans since the VIIth Century b.c.! It was a very cool visit. Then we went to Todi, another city with a beautiful view over the countryside.

Details from the Cathedral of Orvieto

Day 6: 18th of August

Given that it was our last day in the Umbria region, we went to San Damiano and La Rocca, a fortress situated on top of Assisi which was ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. You could see the whole area from there, and there were still parts from the XIIIth Century standing. You could perfectly imagine people from the Medieval times walking around. These pictures are the ones I dread deleting the most... they were absolutely beautiful!

 Also, that's the day I went to LUSH to get my self-gift for my birthday! It was confusing because the names were different hahaha Here's what I bought:
- The Comforter bubble bath
- The Experimenter bath bomb
- Yoga Bomb bath bomb
- Lava Lamp bath bomb
- Herbalism face cleanser
- Outback Mate solid soap
- Sympathy For The Skin body cream (sample)


Days 7, 8, 9 and 10: 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd of August

We jumped on the car and went to another region, the Piamonte. We have some friends there whom we visit very often and always have a place for us to stay. They're the reason I learned Italian! It's a beautiful, beautiful area full of vineyards and fields and mountains. We finally took a rest as we had spent the last days going up and down and hadn't slowed down a moment. On the 22nd, we woke up, packed up and went back home.




I hope you enjoyed this post! Good luck to all those who are going back to school and I'll see you next week!

A big big hug,


Acqua

16 comments:

  1. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! :))))

    And it looks gorgeous, I hope you're having an amazing trip :)

    ~Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Hope you had a good time, the photos are all beautiful! I haven't tried the experimenter bath bomb yet - let me know what you think of it! X
    http://bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/holiday-snaps-2016.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I did! I'm sooooo excited to try this one, it's way too hot in Spain right now though. I'll let you know! xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos! The sunset looks amazing! xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! I really want to go to Italy
    Would you mind checking my blog out?
    Amy xx
    Amyrosexoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab post! Such beautiful images and it sounds like you had a most excellent time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous post Acqua, Italy is so stunning, I love it. What was Harry Potter and the cursed child like? Did you like it? I've been planning on buying it, but I am not quite sure yet xx

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Would you be interested in reading a review for it? As someone who has been hugely invested in the world of fanfictions, it's like another fanfiction, it's never going to be canon for me. It's entertaining, well-written, but it's never going to be part of the Potter-verse to me! xx

      Delete
  7. Italy is so beautiful! The architecture is literally so perfect I'd stare at it all day! Hope you had a wonderful time your pictures are great! You should do a post on your Lush haul or on the Cursed Child I'd love to read both! xx

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true! LUSH hauls are always tricky because everything is in bags and it's hard to take pictures. I'll think of it though! xx

      Delete
  8. Happy happy late birthday! I loved reading this and looking at all the pictures, as Italy is my number one destination I want to go to. Siena looks amazing! :)
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You definitely should! xx

      Delete